Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

22 WEEKS

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far along? 22 weeks 2 days

Size of the Baby? a papaya ... a spaghetti squash

Maternity Clothes? yes

Gender? It's a girl

Movement? We finally got the dance party we've been waiting for!! Monday night we were laying in bed talking at 3 am and I felt her kick! I was like ooh she kicked. Then she did it AGAIN. It was the first time i've felt her kick twice in a row (on the inside). I made Matt feel my tummy and he looked at me like "I'm not going to feel anything" bc so many times i've made him try, and nothing has happened. Then right when he was losing hope she did all sorts of jiu -jitsu. She punched and kicked and was rumbling all over. Matt's eyes got as big as saucers as a huge smile came across his face. He's like "oh my gosh! turn on the light lets see if we can see her!" Sure enough, we turned on the light and my belly was dancing all over the place. Looks like baby girl is a night owl just like mommy and daddy. Then again, last night, I felt her again. same time of night. :) such a cool feeling!

Sleep? Still taking forever to get to sleep, then once I get to sleep I wake up a million times rolling over from side to side. Baby is feeling so much heavier now, esp when i roll over. But her "playing" with me at night, moving around and such, has made the insomnia much more tolerable, just because I'm so excited about feeling her. I'm sure in a few weeks I'll be hoping she quits so I can get to sleep :)

Cravings? Pancakes. Southern Food - Nanny's green beans.

Symptoms? still feel awesome!!! a back ache here and there.

What I miss? Not a thing

Milestones? Matt and I feeling and SEEING her kicking around. Oh! and we registered!!!!! It was so much fun!! Obviously, we do not expect to get even half of everything we registered for, but we will buy the things we really need that are left. Check it out HERE :) Moms, let me know if there's anything that isn't on there that you think should be!!

Weight Gain? 8 lbs

What I’m nervous about? back to breastfeeding this week.

What I’m excited about? I just can't wait for her to get here!!! But also, next wednesday we have another ultrasound appointment and hopefully will be able to get a better glimpse at her little toesies :)

Baby Center Update for Week 22:
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

No comments:

Post a Comment