Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mary Tyler's "1st Christmas"

My favorite part of Christmas is giving. I absolutely LOVE Christmas shopping and picking out presents for people. Not things they asked me for, but things I think they'll like and suspect I am brilliant for knowing they wanted it :) I dont care if I ever get another Christmas present again (although the iPhone 4s my husband got me is pretty amazing) ... I just love giving them. So this year was kind of hard for me, bc with baby girl on her way, we needed to be as frugal as possible. We ended up giving every grandparent a framed picture that Lauren took for us a few weeks ago. It looked like this....












of course, we changed the names for each picture :) it was fun . but still hard for me to give everyone only ONE, joint present. Since I knew this was going to be the case from the start, I told everyone please dont get me anything!!! It's enough just to spend time with everyone. Anyway, they didnt listen to me, and we got TONS of things for sweet baby girl. They all used the excuse "Well, it's not for you, it's for HER." :)

Here are a few of the goodies she racked up...

Her pack'n play. It's a Graco with a newborn napper and a changing table. She will sleep in this in our room for the first few weeks! From Grandy and Grams
















Her Peg Perego car seat from G-Mimi and Great Grandy


















Her monitor from G-Mimi and Great Grandy














Her Mamaroo swing/bouncer seat from CiCi














She also got TONS of clothes, books, blankets, booties, toys, etc from everyone. Getting all of this stuff gets me so excited about the showers we have coming up in January, and even more excited for her to GET here... and use/wear everything.

Today we are exactly 2 months from her due date... so hopefully two months from today, she'll be here :)

We cannot wait!

Hope you all had as wonderful a Christmas as we did. Next year we'll have a sweet little 10 month old !!

-B






1 comment:

  1. Every gift you/MT got is crucial!! They loaded you up with the good stuff! And I can't wait to hear about how the Mamaroo swing performs. We borrowed a swing for Baby L but I think we'll buy one for baby #2, so I want to hear about it!!

    ReplyDelete