Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 19, 2012

34 Weeks :)

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far along? 34 weeks 3 days

Size of the Baby? large cantaloupe

Maternity Clothes? more like matts pajama pants and t-shirts... that's what bed rest has done to me

Gender? girl

Movement? still moving all the time, despite all the pregnancy apps and blogs saying she should stop moving so much due to running out of room. her movements actually hurt sometimes, now. headbutt's to the bladder...sharp elbows in my sides.... heels under my ribs. she is having a grand ol' time in there. feels like shes ready to get out!

Sleep? terrible. miserable. awful. being in the hospital for four nights and on bed rest for the past week have made my sleep schedule pretty wonky in the first place. you aren't THAT tired at night after laying around all day. however, last night was the worst of them all. by this time, my body is producing a lot of a hormone called Relaxin that loosens your joints to prepare for birth. my left hip and shoulder are really feeling the effects. combined with the weight from my belly, it makes it miserable laying on my side at night. but that's the only way i can sleep (not on my back or stomach). so i just switch sides all night long and choose which hurts less. last night i didnt fall asleep til 5:30 am and only slept on and off for 30 min intervals. I guess thats ONE good thing about being on bed rest, i dont have anywhere to be and can try to nap throughout the day.

Cravings? Phillie Swirls (they are italian ice cups from bilo) ive eaten a whole box in three days. so good! strawberries. orange juice and apple juice.

Symptoms? haha. everything in the book? leg cramps. sore and achy joints. contractions. shortness of breath. headache occasionally. back pain to the max. HEAVY belly, haha. she feels so big in there!

What I miss? sleeping comfortably. sitting comfortably. putting on my shoes and socks easily.

Milestones? making it to 34 weeks was a great milestone after all thats happened! the doctors kept telling us 34 weeks is a great milestone, 36 weeks is an EXCELLENT milestone. So I hope she'll stay in until February 1st!

Weight Gain? 19 lbs. wheeeewwww

What I’m nervous about? i had a nightmare that i hemorrhaged after delivery and all the blood loss made me pass out and i didnt get to see the baby for a long time. i woke up woozy. this is my worst nightmare. i already cant deal well with blood, particularly blood leaving my body (like giving blood, or cutting myself). the blood that is going to be on the baby and come out with placenta and everything, i am prepared for. that is normal and supposed to be there. but excessive or unexpected blood loss would for sure make me pass out so i am PRAYING my placenta detaches normally and everything goes smoothly.

What I’m excited about? Finally a baby shower this saturday!!! my first one got postponed bc i had just gotten out of the hospital and we were unsure what was going on. Think it's been rescheduled for next Saturday and I also have one next Sunday! So that will be a fun weekend!


Baby Center Update for Week 34: Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers – which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born – are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

2 comments:

  1. Philly Swirls are my FAVOURITE!!!!! I've loved those since middle school! Can you guess my fave flavour? Cotton candy... of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lou, you are such an australian speller nowadays! :) i think of you everytime i eat the cotton candy one!

      Delete