Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 26, 2012

35 weeks, yall!

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far along? 35 weeks 2 days

Size of the Baby? large cantaloupe.. honeydew melon

Maternity Clothes? today i put on "real clothes" (maternity) and not pajamas for the first time and they make my belly look even BIGGER!! I feel my 10 year old self walking around with a basketball under my shirt just pretending im pregnant.

Gender? girl

Movement? the lower half of my stomach never moves. i was told Wednesday (by the dr) that's bc she's already "dropped" into my pelvis and isnt really able to move her head (locked and loaded) but that from about her chest down she is totally movable (duh!) i get jabs to the ribs all day... her bony butt sits about 4 in. above my belly button and it feels bruised from being stretched out, and i get elbows to the sides a lot :)

Sleep? still bad. this week, there's only been one night i've fallen asleep before 6 am. Sheesh!!!! the other morning I fell asleep at 6 but was up 4 times between then a 9am going to the bathroom. My hips hurt SO FREAKIN BAD. i have to roll over every 30 min or so to get some relief. between going to the bathroom and changing positions, it seems as though i'll never sleep. Luckily, I have no where to be/go every day so I sleep from about 8:30 am to noon. I dont know why it's easier to sleep then.

Cravings? Still eating Philly Swirls (italian ice) a lot. Pancakes. Chocolate chip cookies.

Symptoms? new development this week: carpal tunnel. my left wrist hurts pretty bad. same ol: hip pain. back pain. pressure when i walk (feels like she's gonna fall out, so the waddle is in full effect). some sciatica still (shooting pain down my inner thigh..all the way to my knee!!.. caused by baby pressing against my sciatic nerve)

What I miss? there have been a couple of nights this week I could have definitely enjoyed a nice cold beer.

Milestones? 5 more days of bed rest, yall!!!! Then you BEST believe this mama is gettin OUTTA the house.

Weight Gain? hit the 20 mark this week!!

What I’m nervous about? How big she is getting. She's heavy. and big. and she has to come out, folks. Yikes.

What I’m excited about? My first baby shower that was cancelled is rescheduled for this Saturday and I have another one on Sunday!! Two baby showers this weekend!!!!! Im so excited!!!!

Baby Center Update for Week 35: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basicphysical development is now complete – he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment