Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

14 WEEKS

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far along? 14 weeks, 2 days

Size of the Baby? Navel Orange

Maternity Clothes? the bella band is going strong. tonight was the first night i got home from dinner and even it felt tight around my belly. the maternity jeans i got are cute but they are DARK denim and that means HOT. I cant wait for the weather to coooooool down!

Gender? we find out in 6 days!!!!!

Movement? The baby is moving a lot, so say the books. Last night I was laying in bed talking to my mom and i SWEAR i felt a little "pop corn" or "flutter." I got out my doppler and put it right where I felt it, and sure enough, I heard the loudest heartbeat I've been able to pick up so far. Last night it was maxing out at 138bpm. Baby Boy???? Can't wait to find out!! BUT I went on my what to expect "forum" and tons of other moms were saying they started feeling flutters at 14 weeks. so it's not unheard of. we'll see if anything else happens.

Sleep? I wake up every day around 5am and have to go to the bathroom but go back to sleep and try to hold it. then end up going around 8 when matt's alarm goes off. other than that i'm sleeping ok. definitely waking up to change positions in the night. we got a new memory foam topper that has been HEAVENLY.

Cravings? Swiss Cake Rolls. Apples. Blue Powerade. Nerds.

Symptoms? Still get a pretty bad headache about once a week. Tailbone starts hurting towards the end of the day, whenever I sit down. If I sneeze while laying down flat I get a TERRIBLE pain around the sides of my uterus. So bad I called the doctor about it. It's the round ligament pain. Now when i feel a sneeze coming on I crouch down or roll into the fetal position, haha.

What I miss? nothing right now. loving being pregnant!

Milestones? no huge milestone this week

Weight Gain? chillin at the same... -2 lbs.

What I’m nervous about? what im going to name this little guy if he's a boy... sheesh. boy names are hard!

What I’m excited about? NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!!!

Baby Center Update for Week 14: Welcome to the second trimester! This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him -- a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches -- about the size of a lemon -- and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment